Head of Programme, Mates in Mind
Stephen is the Head of Programme for Mates in Mind, a framework to support construction companies in improving mental health & wellbeing. He is a specialist in the design, implementation and management of workplace health & wellbeing programmes and co-founder of the C3 Workplace Health Movement, a global networking body of HR and workplace health professionals. Stephen is also an advisor to the Mayor of London’s Healthy Workplace Charter as well as an assessor of London based organisations, examining and advising on the Healthy Workplace Charter standards. Stephen is also a member of the Time to Change Learning Peer Network, sharing good practice surrounding mental health.
Roundtable: Addressing Mental Health in Construction
There has been some tremendous progress in recent years throughout the construction industry to improve the mental health and wellbeing of our workforces. But how far have we come, and where do we need to be focusing our attention going forward?
Discussion will cover areas such as:
- What are some of the implications of poor mental health to our businesses and our industry?
- What are we trying to address when tackling mental health at work?
- What does future regulation look like in terms of the management of MH at work?
- What approaches have been shown to be effective in addressing mental health in the sector?
- How can we improve access to support for sole-traders and smaller companies?